About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Monday 28 March 2011

One the strangest conversations I've had in a while...

As I was dragging the pooch out one morning last week for his regular crap fest, I was accosted by an unsavoury gentleman on the path.

What with it being so early in the morning I’m not accustomed to greeting my fellow human man in a friendly manner. However it was such a nice and fresh morning I for went the usual scowl and opted for a half hearted friendly smile instead.

What a mistake that was.

The personage in question saw this silent greeting as a request to stop and spill his mind out of his mouth in my direction. The following is the actual conversation I was forced to partake in...








*it is important to note that I have written this exactly how it sounded, just so you can be as confused as I was.

Me: “morning...”

Stranger: “aaaahh.... waaaken the dog eh?”

Me: “...yes...”

Stranger: “they’ve knocked a penny of petrol y’know... the gev-en-ment”

Me: “...yes I heard.”

Stranger: “ Eye A ho-el penny. Et wo-ent mayk a bet of def-er-ence y’kno.”

Me: “ mmm...”

Stanger: “ et el soon go ep. Mark my werds”

Me: “ ... right...?”

Stranger: “ yea. Its ‘cos o’dem Al Key das. Is’n et.”

Me: “ Al key das?”

Stranger: “ Al key das – thes ryt. Blowen ether then ep.”

Me: “ pardon...”

Stranger: “Al key das. Y’kno. Terror-ests!!!”

Me: “ oh, you are Welsh. You mean Al Qaeda?”

Stranger: “ S’wa eye sayen esen et.”

At this point I made my excuses very quickly indeed and ensured the dog stayed close to my side and didn’t look back.

The welsh are very hard to understand and of what i do understand most of it doesn't make sense.

That is all for now. Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did this get here?