About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Sunday 7 August 2011

A Review of Captain America by a special Guest Author


Captain America a review by Pedro Fitzcalardo.

First of all, if you do go and see ANY Marvel film at the cinema here is a bit of advice - 

DO NOT LEAVE BEFORE THE END CREDITS!

There are at least two extra bits that you really should see including a full clip of the Avengers. the one of the interent is only about half of the full clip. you have been told now and so there is no excuse.
Now onto the main event.
I went to watch that film called Captain America on Saturday night. Watched it in 2d, 'cos I’m not that into 3D films.
Overall it was good. There was plenty of action and some good bits of talking but not too much, which is good for an action film.

I was worried at one point when Cap was chasing this baddie who had pinched a little ginger kid and threw him in the water and I thought to myself – I thought “oh, here we go, the old hero’s dilemma, should I save the kid or get the bad guy... what to do – what to do?”. But as Cap looked over the edge to see the kiddie drowning and in need of rescue what he actually saw was the ginger kid treading water and saying “its ok, I can swim. Go get him!” which sets this film apart from others. It didn’t go head strong into the old clichés and I liked that a lot.

What I didn’t like about this film was that the cini-world cinema in Shrewsbury, where I watched the film, is only showing it twice a day.

What is all that about, as peter Kay might say four times to emphasise his weak gags.

Showing what should and undoubtedly will be one of the hit movies of the year should be shown more than twice a day. Especially as the last showing means you don’t leave the cinema until close to midnight and the terms of my ASBO mean I have to be home before ten pm.

As it was I had tied the ankle tag to my dog’s leg and locked him in the downstairs cupboard so I was alright, but it’s the principle of the thing.

Plus...

While waiting to get my massive bag of popcorn and gallon of flat coke I overheard the guy in front of me ask the girl at the kiosk “are there any good films out at the moment?”

Why oh why oh why would you go to the cinema, cue up for ages at the popcorn stand (where you can buy your tickets as well) and only at the precise moment your mind should be concentrating on how much popped corn you wish to rot in your belly, do you ask the question “what film should I watch?”

That guy was an idiot.

His mate, who had been stood in the middle of the foyer wasn’t much brighter.
As he was called over to his mate to confirm that captain America was the only film left to be shown that evening and is a good film that’s worth watching anyway, the two of them stood looking at each other for inspiration.

It a long hard look from me to confirm that they should make their bloody minds up quick sharp and get a move on.

They did.

For those reasons I can only give captain America 6 out of 10.

If you go to see captain America. DO NOT GO CINI-WORLD in Shrewsbury as most of the people who frequent that particular establishment as flipping idiots.

If it wasn’t for my ASBO I would have lamped him one.

3 comments:

  1. I want to see this movie, although this review hasn't convinced me that it's worth my time. At least I wouldn't be going to cineworld, and it wouldn't be in Shrewsbury either. I guess it's a win-win situation for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pedro only gave a review of his experiences. 6 out of 10 is not bad taking into account the lateness of the showing the prick infront of him. I say DO GO and watch it but stay til the very very end. it will be worth it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I saw the bit with the ginger kid and assumed even the Sentinel Of Liberty himself would have no trouble leaving the orange-mopped tyke to drown like he should have at birth so no worries my end.

    ReplyDelete

How did this get here?