About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Buckets of Human Waste


How has your day been?

Did you have a nice day at work?

If the answer is no then I have two suggestions.

The first is to watch this little video of me from earlier in the year where I found that the phrases people say became a reality.

When someone says they hate their job, they are often found to summarise with the following statement, “I’d rather shovel shit, than work here any longer.” Or variations thereof.
And so my first suggestion if you or someone you know feels like this is just here....


 

My second suggestion is to simply cowboy the fuck up and get a grip.

Some days are bad, some are terrible. But without the bad times how are you supposed to appreciate the good times.

If every day was fantastic, how would you know?

After a small amount of time, all those amazing days would become the norm and the shine of a glorious day would simply become mundane and dull.

Moving buckets of human waste is not the best thing I have ever done – but at least I’ve done it.

As Heather Small once sang – “What have you done today, to make you feel proud?”


Now bugger off.

3 comments:

  1. I literally just shoveled shit about 2 weeks ago. It was a terrible experience but not as bad as having to spend the night at my mother in law's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was shit!

    ReplyDelete

How did this get here?