About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Monday 15 April 2013

Monday and Memory


It’s Monday.

We all hate Mondays.

Mondays should really be Friday.

Bare with me on this.

Because everyone hates Monday but craves for the arrival of Friday it makes sense (to me anyway) to swap these two days around.

If the working week started with a Friday we could all go out on Friday night and have a drink with friends, maybe go out for a meal, but ultimately the first day of the working week would be a dress down day filled with the joy of having fun before the clock strikes midnight.

The end of the working week would also be a joy. Just because it is a Monday and you have been working hard (I assume you have at the very least made it LOOK like you have been working hard) you should be knackered and tired and fed up after spending 35+ hours with a bunch of smelly, lazy idiots who take the last pen from the stationary cupboard or have managed to get a date worth that sexy blond in accounts.

The end of the week should be like a Monday but under the new Bumferry Working Week, Monday is the best day. That’s because it is the end of the week and the weekend starts and who doesn’t like a weekend?

Nothing is quite this simple though.

In order to enjoy Friday which now the Monday and Monday which is now the new Friday, one concession has to be made.

The Weekend will no longer be called the weekend. Instead it will be called the Weekstart (that’s week start not weeks tart).

This will ensure that people don’t forget that I really shouldn’t be in charge but at least one person has called for me to be Prime minister and who am I to argue!

In the best political way these changes will make no difference to me as I work 7 days a week anyway and I don't see why anyone else should have a good time.

Oh yes, M is also for memory of which mine is simply rubbish as I forgot to write this last night and have had to rush out this pile of tripe for your eyes to roll over.

6 comments:

  1. Mr. H, I like your thinking, but then if it were to work, everyone would end up hating friday...this does not compute...love the post tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fool called for you to be prime minister?? This post almost made my head implode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's Monday, grrr. Here's something to cheer you up: I am nominating you for the "Liebster Blog Award". Find the details on my blog, "Reincarnated as a Writer". Enjoy. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline. I don't often get awards.. unless being allowed to change the channel on the TV counts and even then it's once in a blue moon.
      But seriously, thankyou very much indeed. I shall put on my tuxedo and have a wash and pop over with my acceptance speech.... will there be cake? ;O)

      Delete
  4. As it happens Mr H I worked in a factory once on the weekend shift, that was Friday Saturday and Sunday, so Monday was the first day of my weekend, and what was brill is that my weekend was four days long. To make things even better working the weekend shift was classed as unsociable hours so I got paid the same as those who worked a five day shift, Monday to Friday. . . . . If only they had actually paid the workers a decent wage and not managed to go bust, I could still be there today (Yicks that's a scary thought).

    You still fancy being Prime Minister then, can I be Governor of the Bank of England, I could keep an eye on the gold for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rob you can be "THE GUV'NOR". you will be in charge of replacing our current monetary coins and notes with milk bottle tops. Not the plastic ones but those metal ones everybody had to send in to Blue Peter back in the 1980's.
      hahaha

      Delete

How did this get here?