About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Thursday 22 August 2013

Kickaball United Rovers FC

With the football season now well under way, now is the best time to remind you all of this little gem from April 2011.

It is the rules of football and should be used as a guide for those who want to get involved in what is supposed to be our national sport. (apart from cricket, tennis, rugby, darts and cock fighting)

http://bumferry.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/football


With that in mind I would like to take this opportunity to share one of my little hobbies with you.

Last year I quietly spent my weekends making little bets on the football games.

Every week I would place a small bet (9p a go - I'm daft but not stupid) on the top teams to win and over the whole season I made a small profit (and by small I mean 32 pence) but a win is a win is a win as they say and so I have decided to continue this trend and try and make myself a few bucks.

So far i have made 19% profit or 21p in metric.

This is a good start, I'm sure you will agree. If you don't then.... well, I don't know what to say to that.

I shall continue until the end of the season in May 2014 and return with my final profit/loss for the year.

I could be a millionaire! But that would require me buying a lottery ticket.


11 comments:

  1. I am impressed by your ability to beat the odds maybe you should be the next England manager.

    I know little of football except that they do get paid a lot of money to do what I had to do a long time ago at school, during what was amusingly called Games. Involving many small or peaceful children avoiding the ball at all costs or the big lads would kill you..... We thought is was some sort of Roman Game to amuse mad emperors... or as he was called Sir (the Teacher).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only bet with pennies because if I loose it's not going to break the bank. When I win 30p or whatever, it feels brilliant. will never be able to retire off it, but it keeps me entertained.... small things and all that. hahahahaha

      Delete
  2. I like to force snakes to race each other and bet on them. It's nice to have hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you put little jockeys on them? You should otherwise it contravenes the European snake racing rules of etiquette section 4(ii) and section 34 (iv-C). Don't want you getting into bother.

      Delete
    2. I bet you use Adders. I wondered about the origins of the name Addman.

      Delete
    3. You can't spell Addman with DAMN!

      That really does say it all about a jammie dodger eater.

      Delete
    4. A Jammie Dodgy dealer HAH HAHAHHAHH HAh ha hah ahha hah

      Delete
  3. I do this too, I put an accumulator on every Saturday that I, invariably, never win a penny on. There's always this weekend though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do accumulators but found that, with the right odds, placing a bet on DOUBLES gives scope for at the very least, getting some money back. You don't win as much, but you have less chance to loose.

      Good luck with your bets.

      Delete
  4. I'm American so I don't quite know how much 32 pence is. Can you convert it to number of McDonald's cheeseburgers for me so I can understand. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 32p would be the equivalent of about 50cent (not the rapping super star)... or maybe less. We are talking real small change. But by loosing a small amount I don't feel like a proper idiot. Winning little bits every week soon adds up though. Over the past three years I have nearly doubled my money which is better than having in the bank.

      Delete

How did this get here?