About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

How Does Steven Hawkins Manage?


As we near the end of April I also find myself reaching the end of my patience with technology.
Yet again my teeth are being ground down to the nerve by the never ending gnashing and grinding of my jaw.

I have very little faith that I would be of any use whatsoever in the event of some kind of global catastrophe.

WHY MEEEEEEEE!!!!
Never before in the history of the human race have we become so utterly dependant so very quickly upon little tiny machines made of cheap plastic and wires.

In the week that celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Spectrum ZX I find myself cursing the invention of electricity.


30 Years old and as useless today as I am!

From the buzzing noise of the fan from my laptop to the failure of Sky Go to... well- GO! To the resounding sulkiness of my mobile phone refusing to accept an update.
The other night I wanted to watch the football. However MRs H had taken control of the remote control and was in charge so it was zombies all the way (until it got dark anyway – she won’t watch horror after dark – the wimp!)

But not being able to watch a game of kicking ball on the big screen is not the end of the world anymore. We now have the ability to view live action from across the world on the little boxes on our laps. And so that is what I set out to do.

Clicking on the link I eagerly awaited the screen to launch into the Chelsea v Barcelona game.
But alas this is what popped up in front of my eyes instead.


Bastards!


After many attempts and a little swearing I gave up and decided to speak to somebody at sky TV direct to resolve this issue of mine.

Here is an extract from my conversion...

Click to Englarge - as the acress said to the bishop...



Alas I missed what I am led to believe was a very entertaining example of Millionaires’ running about for a bit.

It seems apparent that with all this doodads and gadgets we now have in our lives to make things easier all we have is done is make things even more complicated and when something that we take for granted suddenly stops working... the whole world might as well take a tea break.

That’s how it seems to me anyway.



Oh yea – and Blogger doesn’t help itself either.

Rant over.

Carry on.

5 comments:

  1. hello Mr H I am glad to see a normal face (blog) one not involved with letters from the alphabet. I am not a follower of the game of football. I went to one in Scotland once in cold heavy rain and it was 0-0 and I thought ....AH. So that was that and when ever I see football on the box I remember the depressed faces in the cold and wet which included mine.... Funily enough this A to Z feels like that match all those years ago only this time I find myself on the pitch..

    we are at V tonight so normal service will resume shortly in the mean time heres a man making a pot

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really had that conversation Dude that is really rather Hi-llar-ious.

    I'm surprised you weren't given an injunction order (again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious indeed! I bet you made Sunil's evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'd love to see some more conversations like this. Perhaps you could do a few more as pranks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an online chat with an 02 adviser once named 'Gareth'. It was very strange as he was asking me about my weekend and told me that he was out drinking. Aren't they monitored?

    ReplyDelete

How did this get here?