About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Carrots

It's only the third entry in the A to Z and as you can tell from todays title, I'm already struggling to think of suitable posts.

I guess I'm clutching at straws (Ah damn, that would have been a good one!) but I guess that's the price you pay for not having a theme or belonging to a genre.

I'm such a rebel...... um... anyway.

CARROTS!

Get ready folks, because although this is a very weak letter C, I am about to fact you hard!

Yea, that's right. I'm facting anyone who come's on here and I'm not going to apologise for it.

Here it is ....

Carrots used to be purple.

boom!

That's right, purple. Not orange as you would expect to find todays common, everyday boring carrots, but super dooper fantastically brilliant purple.

A quick search on Google confirmed my twisted memory of this fact and there is indeed evidence that this humble root vegetable was once purple and was changed to orange by the Dutch or some such people because they liked the colour.

Way to go Holland! 

And that my friends is an example of genetic modification. Changing the visual appearance of a vegetable FOREVER just because you like the colour is the sort of thing an evil megalomaniac would do, but this is the beautiful peoples of Holland here. Don't hate the Holland.

But the point stands. The definition of GM foods are those that have been altered by science and what nots... and that's what this is.

So next time a hippy or whoever starts on with themselves saying how GM foods will destroy the world you can now say "CARROTS!" to them.

when they stop and ask why you shouted carrots at them, your reply should be thus: "Aaaaah.. Carrots!". Remember to wiggle you finger at them and walk slowely backwards out of the room whispering the word carrots as you do.

This will make you a winner. Not for one day - but for ever!

CARROTS!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are a natural Kellie! Keep it up.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of carrots unless they are roasted, I really cant be messing about with boiled carrots. I will take your advice and now go and throw carrots at passing eco vehicles. But I will tell them that I am only carrying out your orders, and I will wiggle my finger at them, in fact I might wiggle two fingers at them to be on the safe side and shout carrots. However rather than back off slowly I might run fast.

    CARROTS . . . . Mr H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would lurve boiled carrots if they were purple. Who wouldn't want to eat boiled purple mush? Oh Oh Oh imagine what purple carrot and swede mash would look like - cor! i'm hungry now.

      Delete
  3. lol, your posts MrH have giving me the humourous this morning. I thank you gratefully and can't wait to read the others. Well done sir, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank kind writer, Remeber to shout CARROTS when the need arises. It sould make things a bit purplier - is that a word?.... it is now.

      Delete
  4. Why am I giggling so hysterically at a post written about carrots? I don't know. But it has forced to me to give up crack and go cold turkey. CARROTS!! (Notice how the longer you look at the word 'carrot', the more it looks wrong?):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every little helps. I agree with the carrot looking wrong. The same goes for butterfly. if you say it fast ten times or more it just becomes a mess of noise and you can never say butterfly again without thinking you are using somebody elses mouth.

      Delete
  5. This is perfect. How's your eyesight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. Shockingly bad at the best of times. :)

      Delete

How did this get here?