About Me

My photo
The words are all mine, most of the pictures are not. Some of the words are not mine either.

Sunday 9 August 2015

A Terrible Time Of it......

I'm having a terrible time of it at the moment.

First up, my ingrowing toenail is back.

That's not good.

My foot hurts, but there is very little I can do because the nail is still too small to get a good hook into and yank out.

More exciting news to follow on that story.....

Next up, the month of August saw a rather stupid statement from your's truly when my friend Ste (remember Ste? he's the one who fell asleep with a candle on his head and cheated at the £10 challenge) offered to have another £10 bet with me.

The challenge this tie round involves betting £10 on any sporting event between the 1st of August until the 31st of December with the option to spend any and all winnings to see who can make the most money by the end of the year.

As of writing this post, Ste has not made any bets.... I, however, have been a very busy bee opting to spread my chances of making a profit by betting on horses, the cricket and the football....

I have pretty much lost all of my money.

As of today I have 40 pence left.

For anyone who is not familiar with English money, 40 pence can get you a funny look, thrown out or barred from any pub,bar, charity shop in the UK.

I am terrible at betting.

40 pence is pathetic.

There is a small chance I can come out this a hero.

I have some bets still to come today including the horses and kicking ball.... My hopes are not high though.


As the saying goes; If it wasn't for bad luck - I would have no luck at all.

Let this be a lesson to you all.... if you want to know how to make money from gambling, just do the opposite of me and you'll be a millionaire by Christmas.


More news on this (and my impending insolvency claim) to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Mr H I have been told than an ingrowing toenail can be very very painfully, so I am glad I have never had one, but I have had this confined a few years ago by the medical profession so hang in there and its OK to scream. Although I do not advise this too often on the bus or in a train or any other form of public transport for that matter.

    I feel your luck is going to change very soon and so I would suggest you find the longest odds you can with your 40p and go for it on the nose and have faith in the gods. . . . I feel they might just be on your side, and anyway if you are going to lose do it running pointy stick in hand and head held high screaming at the enemy (well running with an ingrowing toenail is well painful so I'm told).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did exactly that Rob. Put my last 40p on Liverpool to beat Stoke (last year Stoke won 6-1) And with 5 minutes to go a super strike saw Liverpool win 1-0.
      It also meant my other beat on how many goals would be scored over the weekend came in by... you guessed it... ONE SINGLE GOAL!

      I now have £2.42 to play with..... and I also have a plan... Dun Dun Duuuuuuuurn!

      Delete
    2. I proud of you Mr H. . . . . May the force be with you.

      Delete
  2. Even though you're...well, let's be honest, pants at gambling, you still carry on. I think it's time to stage an intervention...again.

    You do know Mr H, that if you don't get that ingrown toenail sorted, that you'll have to get it removed at the hospital like my papa did.

    ReplyDelete

How did this get here?